St. Roman Parish School, guided by the Milwaukee Archdiocesan Policy on admission, "respects the dignity of the child and his right to an education in a Catholic school." Neither race, sex, color, national origin, nor other form of discrimination will prevent a child from being accepted at St. Roman School.
*All kindergarten applicants must be fully trained in bathroom and personal hygiene concerns.
At the time of registration, a birth certificate and baptismal certificate must be presented.
Children entering at the K4 level shall be four by September 1. Additionally, children entering at the K5 level shall be five by September 1. According to Archdiocesan Policy, "children who have reached the age requirements are given priority for admittance into kindergarten before consideration is given to underage children."
The following guidelines will be used as criteria for acceptance of underage K4/K5 children:
1. The child's fourth or fifth birthday falls between September 1st and September 15th.
2. The child has some preschool or four-year-old Kindergarten experience.
3. A letter is presented from a certified teacher recommending early age admission.
4. The child has been tested individually by school personnel using one of the tests recommended by the Archdiocesan Office of Schools.
First Grade Admission
In compliance with Wisconsin state law, “No child may be admitted to the first grade unless he/she is six years old on or before September 1st in the year he/she proposes to enter school..."
Middle School Admission
Administrative discretion is used in admitting 7th or 8th grade Middle School students. The Principal reserves the right to grant admission to students in these grades.
In order to maintain the quality, Christian education characteristic of St. Roman School, the following local policy will apply:
(Based on the Milwaukee Archdiocese Admission General Policy #5110.)
1. Priority registration for currently enrolled students and their siblings takes place on or before the last week in January.
2. Open enrollment for Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (CHOICE) students takes place the 1st through the 20th of each month except July.
3. Parents of students entering Kindergarten and first grade as well as parents of new students are required to attend an orientation session.
All new students are on probation during the first year of attendance at a Catholic school. Students may be tested by our reading specialist during the first month of school to determine placement or to determine if the school is able to meet any special needs the student may require.